Choosing a whistle for a ‘Phys Ed Teacher’ can be a very personal and difficult thing indeed.
5 things to consider when choosing a ‘Phys Ed Teacher’ whistle
- Material: Metal (Durable) vs Plastic (Lighter)
- Effort to blow: Easy or Hard
- Loudness: Low or High
- Tone: Deep or High
- Cost: Cheap or Expensive
After spending the past 13 years as a ‘Phys Ed Teacher’ and trying several whistles I have settled on the choice below
My choice: ACME Thunder No# 58
- Material: Metal (Has lasted for over 6 years)
- Effort to Blow: Hard
- Loudness: Medium (Great for indoors and out)
- Tone: Deep
- Cost: $10-20
This whistle has serviced me well over the years and shows no signs of breaking or wearing down. Although a little on the expensive side, this whistle has stood the test of time. This is my go to whistle both indoors and out. This is also a whistle of choice as a gift to fellow ‘Phys Ed Teachers’ as it is also large enough to be engraved.
My Runner-up: Fox 40 Classic Official Referee
- Material: Plastic (Black)
- Effort to Blow: Easy
- Loudness: High (can be a little high for some in a gymnasium)
- Tone: High
- Cost: $8-15
Feel free to place your whistle of choice and why in the comments below.